Hong Kong, July 21, 2021 – JCDecaux Cityscape, a subsidiary of JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced the launch of Programmatic Digital Out-of-Home offerings in Hong Kong Central Business Districts across its 50+ Digital Frame Network.
Partnering with the supply side platform (SSP) VIOOH, a leading global digital out-of-home marketplace which already actively trades programmatically across 13 markets and has over 30 DSP partnership agreements globally, JCDecaux Cityscape is delighted to offer its first programmatic DOOH inventory to accelerate its digital transformation journey. In Hong Kong, VIOOH has already connected with three demand-side platforms (DSPs) including Hivestack, The Trade Desk and Verizon Media, with more to follow. JCDecaux Cityscape offers three trading models through a private marketplace (PMP). Advertisers could trade by either guaranteed deal, non-guaranteed fixed price or non-guaranteed floor price.
Since 2018, JCDecaux Cityscape has started its digital transformation process by introducing the market first and campaign-based audience impressions analytics. In 2021, we have stepped forward to add a second layer of audience targeting data to further optimise campaign performances during the planning stage, to engage both offline and online audience through the omnichannel strategies, and to evaluate the campaign efficiency by the JCDecaux measurement platforms.
Yoann El Jaouhari, Managing Director of JCDecaux Cityscape, said, “It is happening! Advertisers and Agencies can now trade programmatically millions of Impressions every day, by the hour, across multiple prime districts on Hong Kong Island, namely Admiralty, Causeway Bay, Central and Wan Chai.
Beyond first-class DOOH inventory, our most demanding clients can also benefit
- unmatched flexibility
- data driven media planning
- optimization and retargeting capabilities
- data triggered digital content
We are very excited to finally roll out our unique Hourly Impression Measurement model for street furniture together with our powerful OOH Planning & Measurement tool. This advanced ecosystem of data and digital solution will help us accompany the brands to leverage the full potential of programmatic DOOH, to smartly optimise their omnichannel advertising strategies, and to keep improving return on their ad dollar spent in Hong Kong with JCDecaux.”
Ben Lin, CEO at VIOOH China, said, “In Hong Kong, digital out of home ad spend accounted for almost a third of all out of home spend in 2020. That number is rapidly increasing for 2021, and VIOOH is pleased to offer advertisers the opportunity to benefit from more digital inventory at premium locations in Hong Kong.
Compared to other media channels, programmatic digital out of home is considered to be the strongest for accurate location targeting and return-on-investment. In fact, when digital out of home is planned and optimised alongside omni-channel campaigns it can enhance a variety of campaigns, by providing flexible and incremental reach in a cost-efficient way.
Our ambition is to change the conversation about out of home, and to help accelerate transformation in outdoor advertising and we hope advertisers and media owners alike will maximise this new opportunity to thrive.”
About JCDecaux Cityscape
JCDecaux Cityscape is a subsidiary of JCDecaux Group, the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide. In Hong Kong, JCDecaux Cityscape operates Bus Shelter Advertising since 1993 and Tramcar Advertising for over 15 years. With the introduction of its exclusive Audience Intelligence Solution JCDecaux Cityscape can effectively measure real time interactions with millions of mobile audience every day to accompany the most demanding brands in their quest to measure performance.
In the past two years, the Company also launched successively its Digital Frame Bus Shelter Network with 50+ screens at prime locations on Hong Kong Island and then introduced the first fleet of illuminated Tramcars, to keep on providing advertisers with the most innovative and outstanding media platforms for showcasing their brands.
VIOOH is a leading global digital out of home marketplace. Launched in 2018 and with headquarters in London, VIOOH's platform connects buyers and sellers in a premium marketplace, making OOH easily accessible.
Led by a team of digital OOH and programmatic tech experts, VIOOH is pioneering the transformation of the OOH sector, championing its role in enhancing omni-channel digital campaigns through the use of programmatic capabilities and data. VIOOH currently trades programmatically in thirteen markets across Europe, The US and APAC regions.
Key Figures for JCDecaux
- 2020 revenue: €2,312m
- Present in 3,670 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10,230 employees
- Leader in self-service bike rental scheme: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
- 1st Out-of-Home Media company to join the RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energy)
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indexes
- JCDecaux is recognised for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (4.6/5) and CDP (A Leadership) rankings, and has obtained the MSCI AAA score for the 4th year in a row
- 964,760 advertising panels worldwide
- N°1 worldwide in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (329,790 advertising panels)
- N°1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 advertising panels)
- N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 advertising panels)
Marketing Department JCDecaux Cityscape: Keran Tam
+852 2535 0600 – firstname.lastname@example.org